Saturday, December 10, 2005

OCD for beginners

Now that I mentioned in a previous post what put me to sleep, it's only fair to list down the unputdownables. So here goes.

1) Misery by Stephen King. This one had me awake all through the night, pacing the room holding the book in one hand, feverishly devouring each word.

2) Where Eagles Dare. Soon as I would finish the book, I would turn to page 1 and start all over again. I must have read it at least 30 times. Couldn't get enough of Captain "Johann Schmidt"!

3) Still Life With Woodpecker and Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins.
Wonderful crazy lyrical novels. What else can I say? If you have read them, you know what I mean.

4) The Big Lebowski. What a crazy brilliant movie. I could watch it again and again. And did. Jeff Bridges is great. Goodman is excellent. And I fell in love with Julianne Moore in this one. and with Tara Reid. Full of throwaway lines and obscure references, just the way I like them.

5) The Sunshine Boys. The eternal favourite. Walter Matthau is brilliantly crotchety and George Burns' timing rocks!

No comments: